Our History

We Celebrated our 65th anniversary in June of 2017.

Sixty years ago (June 2, 1957), 90 members of the local community joined together at Weller Road Elementary School for the first worship service of the fledgling Glenmont Methodist Church [the “United” in our name was added in 1969].  The first sanctuary was completed in 1959 (now the fellowship hall) and the current sanctuary with our extraordinary stained glass window was completed in 1967.  In just ten short years, the first members of our congregation went from meeting in an elementary school to completing two buildings which we still use today.